Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Great Uncle Jake

My great Uncle Jake passed away today at the ripe age of 98. Hilarious guy. Retired young & spent most of his adult life traveling the world sport fishing & playing poker. Whenever I saw him, he'd only stand or pace. I'd always offer a chair & he'd say "Nope. You can't die standing up". 

Couple of years ago, I went to visit him in Palm Springs. Knocked on his door & he opened it looking frantic.

Jake: Scott, I've got big problems. You've gotta help me.
Me: Oh no. What's wrong?
Jake: You know that super hot nurse that works here at the house?
Me: Yeah, Marilyn, right?
Jake: Right. Anyway, she hasn't gotten her period in 2 weeks & I don't know what I'm going to do.
Me: Oh my God. Really?
Jake: No, not REALLY. I'm 96. Want a drink?

Godspeed Uncle Jake. Hell of a run. See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment