Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kate Moss & the Elevator

Los Angeles 1996. I arrive home from a hard night of after hours drinking at the at the Sunset Marquis. I am as white as snow (with boiled ham pink accents) & my hair is down to the bottom of my rib cage. At 6 feet tall, I weighed maybe 130 pounds soaking wet. 

I take off my clothes and realize I forgot to check my mail for money I badly needed. There weren't security cameras in my building yet, & my Macallan Whisky soaked brain told me "Just jump in the elevator in your underwear. There's no chance you'll see anyone at 4:30AM. It's only 2 floors".

As luck would have it, the elevator doors sprang open and who's standing there?

Me: Fuck! I am so sorry!

Kate Moss: (Eyes squint shut, disgusted, she lets out a barely audible "Ugh".)

In a vain attempt to un-freak her out, I try & make a joke.

Me: "Y'know, the ONE time you go the mailbox in your underwear drunk in the middle of the night, of COURSE Kate Moss is standing there".

Kate: (Looking down at her shoes. Eyes still clenched shut).

Me: Floor?

Kate: (sighs) 4th please. (Turns & faces the wall).

And scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment